Thursday, July 8, 2010

January 1996 - Boys, Transvestites, and Phone Calls

So here is the first official entry into the " Tales of a Goth" blog. I hope you enjoy reading the tidbits and craziness of the mind of a Goth Girl at the age of 16. The next few posts are mostly about boys and my love of them back then... I should've taken my own advice as you will read on .. ( Names have been changed to protect the innocent... but some who were not innocent were not changed)

January 10, 1996

Today I went to school as usual. The day went by pretty fast. All I really had on my mind was "Jack" & how much I missed him. I hope one day we can be together for good and get to see each other every day.
Practice for tall flags was a waste because no one had a radio. This year sucks! I hated it last year because " Gabby's" attitude but I hate to say it IT WAS BETTER LAST YEAR!
~ Toodles ~ R.C.

January 11, 1996

Today, we had a quit in Algebra II/ Trig . It was pretty easy. Umm Me and " Lizette" kind of ditched History class with " Mrs. Calvin" because we don't really do much in there anyhow. She's a B****. She got all pissed off at us for doing it and told the principal on " Mr. Peltier." I think we must have gotten him into trouble too! Oops! He's the raddest teacher ever. I'll find out what happened in their conference tomorrow. Hopefully nothing too bad.

Practice got canceled for tall flags because no one could stay after school. I think "Deb" got pissed but I can't help it. No one told me until last period.
~ Gotta Run ~ R.C.

January 14, 1996

I spent the night at " Debby's" Friday night and helped make up our competition routine, Saturday we went to the fabric store and Wal-Mart to get flag material. It's kewl lookin'!

Me and "Jack" aren't seeing eye to eye on things. I swear boys are stupid and I should just turn lesbian or something. That would be toooo easy. (This was about the time I became interested in girls as more than friends.)

Anyhow, he was going to play with "Dan's" band in Battle of the Bands but it was canceled so he stayed at "Dan's" house. Anyhow when we went to pick "Matt" up from there, " Jack " didn't say a word to me not even "hi" or "F*** off ." Strange!?! Well he was suppposed to come over on Saturday so Debby called Dan's house to find out where they were. (I didn't get a real response I guess ) This was Saturday & I haven't heard a word out of him since last week.
This just isn't working out. I'm done. D O N E !

January 16, 1996

Today I missed the bus and stayed home from school. After school, Debby came and picked me up to go to practice. "Tim" is getting the hang of it but "Jen" is a little slow. I still haven't heard a word from Jack. I have no idea whats going on with us. I hope we don't break up but if that's what we have to do then we've gotta do it. ( Truth was, I had my eye on someone else)
Deb and I successfully made our first flag. It's Metallic green with a metallic blue wave. The Girl's flags will be pink to replace the green. Well, I will hopefully hear from the asshole Jack once he recieves my ANGRY letter.
~TTYL~ R.C.

January 29, 1996
Jan 28- Super Bowl Dallas v. Pittsburgh - Dallas won :(

Last weekend Debby, my aunt and I went to the Movieland Wax Museum and to the Ripley's Believe it or not Museum. It was cool. Then, afterwards, we went to Fudruckers and we saw 2 Transvestites. It was interesting. I wonder why they like to do that stuff but whatever. ( Thus began my fascination with people and gender)

I'm really going to get rid of Jack if I ever get to talk to him. I figure he think's I am a waste of time anyways. I wish this wasn't the case because there are few nice guys like him (WTF was I thinking back then ? LOL) I'm certainly not going to be his "toy" or " call girl." F*** that mess. I need a man who will be there for me when I need him too.



*** Looking back on this I was only 16 and yet I kinda knew what I wanted in a guy already. Read tomorrow's blog to find out what happens next and who I meet or maybe even YOU are in my diary if you were in my life back then... you NEVER know! I promise it gets better as time progresses.. Tomorrow = Spring 1996... I can't wait to see what I did back then! Thanks for reading! ****************

PS: If you are going to read this and criticize it , don't bother! I mostly am doing it for myself but like to share with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment